• Plants with fragrant flowers or aromatic foliage add an extra dimension to a garden
• Be careful not to plant differently scented plants close to one another unless their fragrance complement each other
• Plan something fragrant in the garden all year round
• Enclosing the garden with a wall (or fence/hedge) will help to keep the scents in the area
Some scented plants ideas:
- Clematis armandii; C. Cirrhosa var. Balearica
- Jasmine varieties
- Lonicera (honeysuckle)
- Trachelospermum spp. And cvs.
- Wisteria spp.
* Shrubs for scent
- Chimonanthus (wintersweet)
- Choisya ternata and cvs. (Mexican orange blossom)
- Daphne spp.
- Hamamelis cvs (witch hazel)
- Lonicera (winter-flowering honey-suckles)
- Mahonia spp.
- Osmanthus spp.
- Philadelphus spp. (mock orange)
- Sarcococca spp (Christmas box)
- Syringa spp (lilac)
Hope you found these tips useful for your scented garden.